Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the ...
The Office of the Chief Investment Officer is responsible for the oversight and management of various asset classes by creating and monitoring relationships with existing managers, evaluating and selecting new external managers, and creating risk and investment guidelines. The Investment Officer plays an important role in the implementation of the tasks associated with the goals, responsibilities, and successful outcomes for the office. As a member of a specific asset class group, the Investment Officer will assist in the selection, evaluation and ongoing assessment of external managers. The Investment Officer will independently monitor and report on industry trends, and work with the other groups to enhance returns and minimize risks. The Investment Officer will also reconcile performance and accounting measurements with the Operations group and the University's administrator.
To apply for this position, please be prepared to attach your resume and cover letter as part of the application process.
This posting has been reposted as of 4/8/14, and previous applicants need not reapply.
- Meet with absolute return managers and conduct due diligence to identify potential investment opportunities. Recommend investments to the Managing Director.
- Compose investment recommendations to be approved by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Work with legal counsel to review legal documents and negotiate terms when applicable.
- Maintain database of potential candidates
- Assist with portfolio construction
- Conduct regular calls with managers to thoroughly review the investments.
- Monitor and review managers' performance and exposures.
- Travel to managers' offices for onsite review.
- Interface with the external consultant(s) to develop appropriate performance metrics and analyze portfolio construction.
- Maintain databases and spreadsheets of managers under consideration.
- Utilize or create risk management tools to closely monitor risk metrics of the portfolio
- Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders summarizing data of underlying managers, exposures and market trends.
- Read relevant journals and newspapers and report industry news and trends to the group on a regular basis.
- Reconcile monthly performance figures with Operations and Risk Management.
- Facilitate department wide communication by interfacing with other members of the investment staff.
- Train and mentor analyst(s).
Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to interact with others in a consistently positive manner, exercise discretion and tact, and gain consensus in an environment where others may have strongly conflicting ideas and goals.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have a demonstrated ability to articulate ideas and issues clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
Demonstrated ability to identify critical information; the ability to quickly research, collect and integrate essential information, and use that information to develop recommendations for the most productive course of action. This requires excellent quantitative skills.
Prepare clear and comprehensive reports so that it is clearly understandable by both technical and lay readers and effectively advances a specific proposal or set of recommendations.
Ability to generate new and creative solutions to a variety of challenges.
Must be able to manage projects independently and deliver on time.
Must be knowledgeable about the capital markets. The incumbent must possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
The incumbent must have excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Bloomberg, MSCI Barra or other risk analytical tools.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
21 hours, 32 minutes ago
St. Louis, Missouri, US
2 days, 18 hours ago