This position reports to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the Investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The ...
Investment Associate – Public Investments
Northwestern University is searching for an Associate to join its Investment Office. The Investment Office is responsible for investing the University’s $11 billion Endowment. The Associate position provides a unique opportunity for a highly qualified candidate to gain broad exposure to and experience in institutional investing. The role will typically focus on the Public Investments portfolio (hedge funds, public equity, credit and fixed income) but also provide broad exposure to other asset classes (private equity, venture capital, and real assets) as well as to overall Endowment management. This individual will collaborate internally with senior investment team members and externally with leading investment managers from around the world.
The Associate will be an active participant on the team from Day 1 and is expected to quickly make an impact. The Associate will be a key contributor to many facets of our investment process, including:
• Monitor and assess existing portfolio investments
• Evaluate prospective new investment managers
• Perform quantitative and qualitative research and analysis of investment opportunities, globally
• Present investment recommendations to the investment team
• Prepare Investment Committee presentations and related materials
• Contribute to asset allocation, risk management, and other elements of portfolio construction
• Assist in all aspects of day-to-day Endowment management including legal and operational responsibilities
The position requires a modest amount of travel. The start date is flexible.
• Bachelor's Degree and a strong academic track record
• Two-to-four years of relevant prior work experience
• Fundamental understanding of investment principles and financial analysis
• Passion for investments and financial markets
• A desire to work on a highly collaborative, close-knit team
• Proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Demonstrated analytical ability (qualitative and quantitative)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Highly capable in Excel and Powerpoint
• Unquestionable ethical standards
• Current pursuit of or interest in pursuing a CFA designation is a plus
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Investment Associate– [your name]”. Additionally, please submit a one-page recommendation for an attractive investment opportunity in the current market environment.
[Northwestern will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.]
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Fund Manager from
Fund Manager from
Related Investment Jobs
Beachwood, OH, US
23 hours, 57 minutes ago
New York, NY, US
1 day, 23 hours ago