The role of the Investment Associate is to support Investment Counselors in their role of delivering investment solutions to clients. The position focuses on servicing clients of Citi Private Bank by understanding their investment objectives and working in partnership with senior team members to deliver investment ideas and solutions. The position is an apprentice role that for the right candidate creates the path to a role as an Investment Counselor with a book of clients. The location might be either New York City or Miami.
- Help support the senior members of the investment team in their delivery of investment solutions to clients.
- Be up to speed on CPB Private Bank’s Investment Committee’s views as well as all platform solutions.
- Attend internal and external meetings to stay current on financial markets, and products and services.
- Support Investment Counselors with the production of reports, collecting information for clients, monitoring of clients’ portfolios, as well as idea generation.
- Support the team by executing trades for clients’ portfolios.
- Collaborate in the data gathering and production of financial reports for the management of the Lamb region.
- Work with IC heads in ad ‘hock projects, related not only to investments, but also to the strategic management of the group.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Licensing: Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66 (for the appropriate candidate these may be obtained upon joining the group).
- BA degree with a concentration in economics, finance, business administration, commerce accounting, or similar quantitative field.
- At least 2 years of prior professional experience or related occupation
- Able to work without direction
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong financial background and analytical skills
- CFA/MBA a plus