IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets ...
- Participate in all parts of the investment process including but not limited to: assisting in sourcing and updating pipeline, performing due diligence on pipeline funds and/or companies, preparing investment memos and recommendations, and contributing to investment decisions
- Conduct research and analysis on sectors, managers and companies, focusing on opportunities and risk
- Monitor ESG trends; support the implementation of impact assessment frameworks; evaluate and report on ESG alignment progress at investment and portfolio level
- Monitor investment portfolio and prepare financial performance review; coordinate with internal accounting team and external investment management platform
- Contribute to overall ESG / responsible investment policy and strategy
- Work with internal and external investment teams to integrate ESG policy across asset classes
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement activities to influence practices and systems through direct ownership situations and public equity shareholder advocacy and proxy voting
- Represent Stardust Equity with affinity groups and at conferences
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution. Advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in finance or business consulting, including investment banking, investment management, corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, or strategy consulting
- Strong financial acumen including accounting, valuation skills, and Excel modeling
- Ability to analytically assess ESG and impact considerations of investment managers and companies, and communicate how findings are an opportunity or risk for the investment
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing and ESG themes
- Understanding of how gender norms affect businesses, investments, and financial markets preferred
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents
- Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to investment professionals and business leaders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This position will be based in New York City, with location flexibility in the short term. Some travel may be required when it is safe to do so.
Competitive salary, bonus and full benefits.
Please email your resume and cover letter with subject line “Stardust Equity Investment Associate” to email@example.com.
Stardust is a multi-disciplinary team of doers and dreamers working towards a future where all women and girls can fulfill their potential. We believe that everyone is born with equal intrinsic value, and our work is to bring it into the light. We explore, reflect upon, and evolve our approach to intersectional progress through our dynamic portfolio of Equity, Fund, and Arts:
- Stardust Equity is a mission-oriented investment fund putting capital to work for competitive returns and positive social and environmental impact.
- Stardust Fund is a philanthropic vehicle dedicated to removing barriers and accelerating the participation and power of women and girls. We support movements, bridge gaps, and strengthen ecosystems.
- Stardust Arts is a collection of initiatives committed to innovative, socially-engaged art. We work to challenge the systems and structures that inhibit the participation and power of excluded and exploited people.
Stardust has offices in New York City and Houston.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Washington, D. C., US
15 hours, 41 minutes ago
Boston, MA, US
15 hours, 44 minutes ago