The Office of the Chief Investment Officer (UC Investments) is responsible for managing the University of California’s retirement …
Join UTIMCO, as we manage investment assets for The University of Texas System and The Texas A&M University System, enabling both Systems’ academic and health institutions to ensure Texas students have access to unparalleled educational opportunities that allow them to thrive and grow. At UTIMCO, you will work with bright, diverse, and dedicated people and find encouragement to learn and grow. UTIMCO offers excellent benefits and an outstanding and supportive environment.
UTIMCO’s Public Equity team is looking for a full-time Analyst or Senior Analyst. This is a pre-MBA position.
UTIMCO’s Public Equity program currently manages ~$15 billion in equity investments globally, primarily through external investment managers. The Analyst or Senior Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Public Equity team with analysis and research.
Broad Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring and creating reports on external manager performance, exposures, and holdings
- Assisting with regular reviews of the portfolio, including analysis of the portfolio’s performance and risk characteristics
- Assisting with research and analysis of existing and prospective managers
- Maintaining knowledge of markets and events that could affect the portfolio
- Providing general support to team members on various projects (e.g., research on specific countries, sectors or managers)
- 1-3 years of prior work experience in a finance- or investment-related field (e.g., investment banking, sales and trading, investment management, accounting, corporate finance/development, risk management, operations)
- Undergraduate degree, with major or significant coursework in finance or accounting (particularly important for less experienced candidates)
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Evidence of strong interest in investing and public markets
- Evidence of strong analytical, problem-solving, writing, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English; competence is valued in other global languages
- Knowledge and understanding of financial software applications (PowerBI, Bloomberg, Barra Portfolio Manager)
- Basic programming skills in financial industry computer languages (e.g., Python)
- Awareness of and connection to the mission of UTIMCO
NOTE: This is currently a hybrid role, with 4 days in our downtown Austin, TX office and 1 day WFH.
Apply online here.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Oakland, CA, US
1 month, 1 week ago