Our client, a prestigious insurance group, is seeking an Investment Analyst to be the primary technical resource for their investment department.
The Department is constantly monitoring capital markets, external investment managers (both current and potential), their portfolio's return and risk profile, and evaluating new investment opportunities. The Analyst will use a variety of tools to support these efforts including Factset, Code Red, & Bloomberg. The Analyst will support the Department’s efforts by performing analysis in Excel, and creating presentations in PowerPoint. In addition, the Analyst will maintain an investment compliance system as well as monitor the performance and processes of assigned investment managers.
- Manage all performance reporting and analysis for investment portfolios
- Provide technical support to the department, working with excel, word, PowerPoint. Create graphs and charts for the Board level presentations. Perform spreadsheet-based analysis. Apply statistical analytics to investment problems.
- Investment Research/Analysis: support the department's evaluation of capital markets, investment strategies, and investment managers through a variety of tools. Utilize Bloomberg, our external consultants, and a wide range of research platforms.
- Factset: maintain and utilize the Factset risk management system for the department. Design and run reports and monitor to provide insights into the portfolio's risk factors.
- Manager Monitoring: The Analyst will be assigned several of our external managers to monitor and will ensure that the manager meets the Retention Policy guidelines. The Analyst is responsible for thoroughly understanding their investment manager's investment process and performance. For all managers, the Analyst will maintain an investment manager compliance system.
- Take the lead in communicating with our managers and trustee regarding fund transfers, quarterly compliance letters, ADV notices, etc. Communication must be concise and extremely accurate.
- CodeRed: (database software for Investment Department documents, notes, and contacts) Manage the organization and structure of the database
- 4 to 6 years of experience with investment management & operations, performance monitoring and risk management
- Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related from prestigious university
- Experience with Factset & Bloomberg (Red Code highly preferred)