Every day, they seek to improve financial security for people. Joining their Fund Complex team means you will be a part ...
The J. Paul Getty Trust is one of the world’s leading cultural and philanthropic organizations dedicated to the visual arts. The Trust’s Investment Department manages a diversified portfolio of $7.2 billion in investment assets. We employ some of the top investment managers across all asset classes and have generated top quartile returns. We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our team of nine investment professionals.
Evaluating potential investment managers for our portfolio requires the Investment Analyst to use both quantitative and qualitative skills. The Analyst will participate in meetings and calls, not just with investment managers, but also with peers and other industry professionals. The Analyst will be responsible for gathering, processing, and documenting a variety of data on investment managers, markets, and opportunities. The Investment Analyst will be the primary resource for portfolio analysis and holdings-level analysis using a variety of tools. Domestic and International travel should be expected.
Candidates should be familiar with a variety of hedge fund, private equity, and other alternative investment strategies; as well as traditional equity and fixed income markets.
To be considered for this position you must have work experience performing investment manager due diligence.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Conduct and document due-diligence meetings
- Prepare, present, and defend investment recommendations
- Analyze investment opportunities globally across credit and equity markets
- Monitor existing investments and explain results
- Formulate independent judgments about investment opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with investment managers and other asset allocators
- Prepare reports for management and trustee review
- Compile information on investment managers
- Review legal, financial, and regulatory documents
- Generate ad-hoc Excel charts and PowerPoint presentations
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field
- 2-5 years of experience working in a finance or investment department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Impeccable ethics
- Quick and eager learner
- Inquisitive nature
- Methodical and efficient
- Desire to search out niche investment strategies
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Highly proficient in data gathering, management, analysis, and presentation
- Skill using industry standard investment-related software and systems such as: Bloomberg, Salesforce, eVestment, and Style Research
- Top marks in undergraduate education
- Two to five years of work experience in institutional asset management
For additional information about this position or to apply, please visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3230/investment-analyst/job
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Seattle, WA, US
22 hours, 51 minutes ago
Irvine, CA, US
22 hours, 56 minutes ago