Position Title: Investment Analyst
Team Leader: Director of Investments
Salary Range: Based on Qualifications
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Investments, the Investment Professional is responsible for helping in the analysis of operations and implementation of policies relating to the investment of the assets of the LAGERS system. In addition to these broad investment management responsibilities, the Investment Professional is responsible for helping in the monitoring and analysis of the activities of LAGERS’ investment managers.
The Investment Professional is responsible for helping in the management and supervision of the investment portfolio of LAGERS. This employee provides technical advice and analysis in the areas of investment and finance to the Director of Investments and the Chief Investment Officer.
The extent of these duties and responsibilities will depend on the previous level of experience and the title hired for.
- Help administer the investment program of LAGERS in accordance with the System's Statement of Investment Policy & Objectives and support the Trustees in all aspects of LAGERS’ investment process.
- Help execute the Asset Allocation, in accordance with all laws, policies, and procedures, by selecting and replacing assets as deemed appropriate when evaluated against the System’s risk/return characteristics, and conduct in consistency with the investment philosophy.
- Assist in the preparation of the asset allocation study documentation, including the development of past investment performance history, assumptions on future performance, and the application of portfolio theory
- Create and present research reports to the Board of Trustees on investment topics such as performance measurement, asset allocation and other topics pertaining to the area of investments.
- Assist in monitoring external portfolio managers on an ongoing basis to determine the consistency of portfolio strategy and review portfolio performance. Travel is required.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a process and criteria to be used in professional investment firm searches. This may involve creation of questionnaires, quantitative and qualitative aspects, recommendation of finalists to fellow investment team members, and participation in on-site due-diligence visits to assess the firms' operations.
- Analyze performance and cash flows of assets within LAGERS’ portfolio. Develop an understanding of the internal private equity system (eFront) and utilize it to analyze and reconcile performance of private managers. Utilize LAGERS’ custodial records for creation of reports to analyze performance and asset allocation.
- Participate in a search for a third-party performance provider and if one is hired, understand and become the expert on the performance system. This will include analyzing performance, asset allocation, and liquidity allocation; as well as utilizing reports and incorporating such reports into other aspects of LAGERS investment process.
- Help coordinate and monitor various activities with external firm(s) providing custodial services to LAGERS such as custody of securities, cash management, reporting of brokerage costs and securities lending.
- Help coordinate and monitor various activities with external firm(s) providing investment consulting services to LAGERS.
- Help implement and administer policies relating to investments as adopted by the Board of Trustees.
- Perform other investment related work as assigned.
- Position requires overnight travel, typically 20-25% of the year and may include international travel. Required to be available outside of normal office hours.
- Assist with the supervision of administrative detail. Responsible for helping in the monitoring of the investment managers and the detailed investments of the system.
- Assist the operations team with day to day operations as needed.
- Represent the system at various investment conferences and meetings.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, economics, finance, mathematics, or related field.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is required to be obtained within a reasonable amount of time. Preference may be given for progress toward completion of the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations.
Demonstrated or development of knowledge of the principles of investment, finance, economics and portfolio theory, particularly as they pertain to the operation of a public pension fund.
Knowledge of accounting, actuarial, and pension principles and practices.
Ability to perform in-depth financial analysis of proposals submitted for prospective investment.
Ability to interpret, evaluate and apply laws and policies relating to the investment program of LAGERS and to adapt existing programs to meet new or changed requirements.
Ability to incorporate LAGERS’ and the Investment Team’s values into the daily work environment.
Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, external investment managers and advisors, and to work open-mindedly and effectively in a professional team environment;
Keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
Equipment and Physical Demands
Personal computer, including word processing and spreadsheet software; desktop publishing software and various types of portfolio analysis software.
Candidates interested in the position should mail or email cover letters and resumes to:
Missouri Local Government
Employees Retirement System
Attn: Megan Loehner
701 West Main Street, P.O. Box 1665
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Fund Manager from United States
Fund Manager from
Fund Manager from United States
Asset Manager from United States
Related Investment Jobs
1 day, 8 hours ago
New York, NY, US
1 day, 8 hours ago