Under the administrative and technical direction of the Director of Investments, the Investment Analyst performs analytical tasks on behalf of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians investment portfolios and assists in analyzing investment manager portfolios.
The work involves assisting in the administration and analysis of investment portfolios managed by external investment managers. The work also includes activities such as developing and maintaining the investment risk management monitoring program, analyzing investment manager strategy and portfolio results, assisting in the ongoing monitoring of managers, and performing asset allocation studies. The Investment Analyst is the primary party responsible for data collection, management and analysis for the total portfolio, underlying investment managers, and general market research.
2. Assist in the research and analytics for quarterly Investment Strategies Performance Report and in preparing materials for monthly Investment Board meetings.
3. Help prepare for (research, analysis) and participates in quarterly calls with current and prospective investment managers.
4. Helps conduct asset allocation studies. Collects data and information from Bloomberg and investment managers to develop expected return and risk forecasts for the portfolio and managers.
5. General statistical and analytical work to make the team progressively best in class in portfolio management.
6. Work with portfolio oversight and risk management system (Caissa); assist in analyzing and implementing investment analytic systems and makes recommendations for workflow and reporting improvements.
7. Assists in monitoring capital markets, creating asset class and market dashboards, and maintaining knowledge of current market trends and practices.
8. Develop templates in excel that can improve and enhance Investment Staff’s understanding of investment program metrics and investment managers exposures and attribution.
9. Research and analytical projects as determined by the CIO and Director of Investments.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required, areas of study including economics and business preferred.
- Enrollment in the CFA or CAIA programs preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year assisting in the administration and management of an institutional investment portfolio preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, with Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Strong understanding of quantitative techniques.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, be proactive, and able to handle confidential material a must.
- Strong attention to detail and low tolerance for errors required.
- Strong research and problem solving skills essential.
- Proficient in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communications essential.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must undergo and successfully pass a thorough pre-employment background investigation including criminal, credit, education, verification of work history and professional references.
- Enrollment in the CFA or CAIA programs desirable.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the insurance carrier.