Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is seeking an Investment Analyst to join its Investment Office managing the university’s $2 billion investment portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will have a unique opportunity to invest globally across a broad range of asset classes, including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, natural resources, public equity, and fixed income. As a top research university, CMU has excellent access to the best investment opportunities and investment managers in the world.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the due diligence of prospective investment opportunities,
- Monitoring existing portfolio investments,
- Leading the preparation of quarterly and ad hoc Investment
- Committee presentations,
- Supporting overall investment operations and maintain data integrity of investment manager database,
- Providing analytical support for senior team members, and
- Training intern staff members.
You should have an unrelenting attention to detail, superior oral and written communication skills, and a strong work ethic. Additionally, impeccable professionalism and integrity, as well as a high degree of critical reasoning and business judgment are imperative.
Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Investment Office. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners with a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should be able to travel both domestically and internationally, and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in finance, economics, or other quantitative field preferred.
- Minimum two years of related work experience preferred.
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.