The University of Cambridge is one of the world's oldest universities and leading academic centres. Its reputation for outstanding academic ...
The University seeks to add a thoughtful and bright professional to join its seven person investment team in the role of Investment Analyst. Investment Analysts play an integral role on the team and are involved in portfolio analyses, investment manager due diligence, and manager monitoring efforts. The position offers an opportunity to have broad exposure to all asset classes and develop investment expertise in an intellectually demanding and collaborative environment. The Investment Analyst will report to the Chief Investment Officer and will work closely with all investment team members.
The Investment Analyst’s primary responsibilities will include: (a) analyzing investment performance and portfolio positioning, (b) assisting the Directors with due diligence of prospective fund investments, ongoing monitoring of existing investments, preparation of Investment Committee materials and investment recommendations, and (c) participating in asset allocation discussions on a weekly basis. Additionally, the Investment Analysts are responsible for maintaining relationships with investment analytics vendors.
The Investment Analyst will assist in enhancing and maintaining the Investment Office’s models and analytical tools used to monitor portfolio performance, exposures, cash flow and liquidity. Other duties include assisting in portfolio operations, administration and performance reporting, as well as in the maintenance of a database of key information for current and existing managers and a comments-sharing database for relevant manager updates. Additional responsibilities and special projects will be assigned as necessary.
- Support Directors and Associate by assisting with rigorous due diligence and ongoing monitoring of investment portfolio and managers
- Use Bloomberg and other tools to prepare portfolio reports for the team
- Manage portfolio exposures on a look-through basis and highlight material changes to the Chief Investment Officer
- Prepare private equity valuation reports for quarterly dissemination
- Manage non-marketable model cash flow forecasts on an annual basis
- Build relationships with analytics providers and prospective investment managers
- Prepare Investment Committee materials and present portfolio updates and recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Assist with daily reconciliation of futures margin, capital calls and distributions on an as-needed basis
- Ability to gather, organize and analyze data using MS Excel and complex formulas
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment portfolio strategy and endowment management
- Intellectually curious and inquisitive
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to concisely articulate oneself
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with investment managers and investment committees
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to produce highly accurate work product
- Familiarity with Bloomberg
- Bachelor's degree with demonstrated strong academic performance required; preference for Finance, Economics or quantitative field and/or its equivalent, but not required
- 2 – 4 years of investment-related work experience; preference for investment banking, consulting, or endowment and foundation experience
- This is a pre-MBA position (no MBAs please)
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
21 hours, 19 minutes ago
Washington, D.C., US
1 week, 3 days ago