The Office of the State Treasurer exists to provide and ensure effective financial management of public resources, high standards of ...
Please use the following link.
Director of Investments (Generalist)
New York, NY
The Director of Investments (“Director”) will work with all members of the Investments Office to invest the endowment assets in a manner that generates superior risk-adjusted returns, thereby preserving the endowment’s real value and providing for The Rockefeller Foundation’s program spending. While the Director will have broad responsibilities throughout the Investments Office, he/she will focus more on the marketable portion of the endowment, including hedge funds and other marketable asset classes. The responsibilities of this position mostly fall within two primary areas of focus: (i) sourcing, evaluating and managing external managers across marketable asset classes, and (ii) other responsibilities across the Investments Office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Sourcing, Evaluating and Managing Marketable Opportunities:
- Work both independently and with other portfolio managers to source and evaluate investment opportunities across marketable asset classes;
- Lead or co-lead due diligence on external investment managers;
- Recommend investment ideas to the CIO and Deputy CIO; Prepare and deliver oral and written investment proposals;
- Work jointly with other portfolio managers in evaluating and managing existing relationships in the marketable portfolio;
- Select and utilize cutting edge quantitative analyses for risk oversight of the marketable portfolios;
- Jointly work on valuation, performance measurement and risk analysis for the marketable portfolios;
- Prepare and present periodic portfolio strategy updates to the Investment Committee;
- Conduct ongoing research on structural and cyclical market trends in hedge fund investing; and
- Maintain relationships with other allocators responsible for hedge fund investing.
- Spearhead special projects and areas of research (e.g., considerations regarding investing in a particular geography or emerging asset class, risk or audit projects, illiquidity analyses, etc.);
- Provide input on investment decisions regarding hiring and terminating managers across asset classes;
- Co-lead or aid in determining overall portfolio strategy, including broad asset allocation decisions and strategies unique to each asset class;
- Serve as mentor to, and resource for, analysts within the Investments Office;
- Help prepare Investment Committee presentations (written and oral);
- Participate in all Investments Office portfolio review meetings, staff meetings and staff retreats;
- Provide select geographic and sector coverage across asset classes; and
- Represent RF at external meetings, conferences and, as needed, on LP Advisory Boards.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate or Master’s/advanced degree in finance or economics, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience; and
- CFA preferred.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Extensive experience in identifying and overseeing investment managers; prior involvement in marketable asset classes preferred;
- A broad interest in – and knowledge of – finance and investments;
- A proven ability to think strategically, analyze critically, and translate ideas and insights into investment performance through actionable strategies;
- Commitment to RF’s mission and core values;
- Strong sense of financial stewardship and fiduciary responsibility;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills including relationship building, interpersonal communications, openness to the ideas of others, ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and willingness to provide coaching and development for junior staff;
- Willingness and ability to bring a high-energy, focused and dedicated effort to producing work of the highest quality;
- Keen sense of judgment in evaluating people, organizations and risk;
- Network of contacts in institutional investing; and
- Willingness to relocate to the New York City region.For immediate consideration please submit your resume and a completed application through The Rockefeller Foundation’s Career Center:
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Asset Manager from United Arab Emirates
Other from United States
Fund Manager from United States
Other from United States
Related Investment Jobs
Hartford, CT, US
2 days, 19 hours ago
Juneau, AK, US
2 days, 21 hours ago