The Associate Director Private Markets position is a full member of the team, responsible for research duties to include: sourcing investment opportunities, performing manager due diligence, publishing research, and supporting the Private Market Consultant with client service relationships. This position represents a unique opportunity for highly motivated professionals to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in building the private markets business.
- Originate new fund investment opportunities and develop expertise in a particular private markets sector/asset class, starting with private credit
- Request and compile information on general partners as requested by senior team members
- Assist with other financial modeling including various value creation models
- Fully vet and perform due diligence on possible investments, and lead research coverage on designated sub-asset classes
- Review investment opportunities with private markets team and propose recommended investments to the Alternative Investments Committee (AIC)
- Implement AIC and client approved investments
- Monitor existing client allocations to private investments
Client Relationship Management & Portfolio Strategy
- Create presentations and tools to educate clients on private markets
- Assist Consultants with private markets strategic planning process for clients including building and updating cash flow pacing models as needed
- Support client relationships by supporting Consultants and management to ensure the needs of clients are met, as needed
- Serve as an industry-recognized expert in one or more private markets asset classes (e.g. private equity, real estate, real assets), starting with private credit
- Contribute to research publications, capital market assumptions, and other client deliverables (i.e. quarterly client private market reports or special projects)
- Assist with preparing business development related materials
- Participate in industry conferences, as needed
Verus is an independent, employee-owned, provider of non-discretionary consulting and discretionary management services to a wide variety of institutional investors, including endowments and foundations, corporate defined benefit and defined contribution plans, public pension plans, and multi-employer trusts. We are headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco.
Our clients rely on us for the thoughtfulness of our investment research and personalized approach to their portfolios. Through independent, impartial advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their enterprise objectives. We are looking for talented professionals who embody our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
Our boutique culture allows opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus provides a competitive benefits package and promotes healthy living through work/life quality and flexibility.
- Seven or more years of relevant private markets investment exposure gained at an Investment Bank, Private Equity Firm, Fund of Funds, Limited Partner or Private Equity Consulting Firm is required
- Bachelor’s degree required; with a preference for degrees in finance, economics or other closely-related fields
- Master’s degree in finance or MBA preferred
- CFA charter or progress toward it and/or CAIA is desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written, oral and analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
For consideration, e-mail resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. No unsolicited candidates from recruiters, please.
Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.
Insights not available
Related Investment Jobs
Highland, CA, US
3 hours, 11 minutes ago
Trenton, NJ, US
9 hours, 21 minutes ago