Segal Marco Advisors, a subsidiary of Segal Group Inc., is a leading, independent global investment solutions firm providing innovative, client-driven consulting advice and outsourcing solutions. We are one of the largest U.S.-based investment consultancies, serving over 600 clients with combined advisory assets exceeding $500 billion. Our expertise, research and technology help clients build sound investment programs. Segal Group, Inc. is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal Group, Inc. has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
Under the supervision of the SVP / Practice Leader, Discretionary Services, perform a variety of administrative and client service-related functions to facilitate the execution and implementation of investment decisions made by the Portfolio Management Committee (PMC) with the goal of achieving optimal investment performance for clients' Plans. The Associate Director directly supports consultants and clients who subscribe to traditional consulting and Discretionary Services and supports traditional consulting clients who subscribe to the Investment Administration Services. The associate director works with all levels on the team to support implementation of investment decisions made by the Board of Trustees of traditional consulting clients with guidance from the Consultant on the account.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and review meeting notes (Client Meetings and Portfolio Management Committee Meetings) immediately following each client meeting and determine action items.
- Work with consultants and coordinate internally to ensure all items are completed by established deadline. Proactively and regularly communicate with Consultant providing status updates on current projects and open items.
- Actively monitor new account set up process. Periodically check in with attorney during document review (or monitor through CMS). Ensure custodian is notified and appropriate accounts are opened. Identify funding sources, timing of redemptions, and that appropriate directives are written and distributed to ensure a timely transition. Consider asset exposure during times of transition.
- Complete subscription and adoption agreements on behalf of clients
- Assist in compliance functions such as SEC annual custody audit and other required filings
- Act as an “in office” resource to clients- especially administrators and other plan professionals. Establish credibility as an alternative to the consultant with consistent timely and accurate responses.
- Implement asset allocation mixes set by Committee or Client for each Plan. Maintain targets by raising cash from overweight asset classes within ranges and rebalance as directed.
- Monitor assets through regular communication with the custodian and managers. This includes monitoring cash account movements for discretionary services clients.
- Understand account structure at custodian and regular cash flow movements and Instruct and authorize custodian and/or investment managers to transfer assets among managers and asset classes to maintain asset mix targets for fiduciary clients.
- Become a proficient user to wire system used to generate and distribute client directives.
- Provide excellent, ongoing customer service to each client by providing immediate, knowledgeable responses to questions and concerns. Initiate proactive communications with client.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of formal procedures.
- Lead more junior members of staff in daily and monthly work, special projects, and consultant support including provision of technical assistance and training.
- Must be available for occasional overnight business travel.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting, finance or economics required.
- Five year related experience.
- Familiarity with custody, investment consulting, and investment management operations would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to meet frequent tight deadlines in a detail oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
** If you wish to be considered for this position, please send your resume to https://segalco.taleo.net/careersection/segalextwqm1011/jobdetail.ftl?job=SEG0000000J&tz=GMT-04%3A00